Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Deer Hunt

Last weekend we went deer hunting up by Flaming Gorge. My family has gone hunting ever since I was born and when I was about seventeen I finally got a license and started carrying a gun too. I got a deer the first year I went and I have gotten one every other year since then.....until this year! My streak has been broken...we didn't even see a single freaking buck this year! I think it was way too warm and the bucks were still in the higher elevation. I am kinda bummed, but I guess the up side is that atleast we still got to go hunting and have one last camping trip for the year. I love spending time with my dad and brothers as well as Cory and our friend Andy. We always have the best time....I can't really explain why...you just have to be there to understand. Here are a few pics we took...


This is my dad telling us what the plan was for our mid morning hike through the woods. I was going to tell my mom that we were actually holding a church meeting, because it was Sunday, and that dad was leading the opening hymn. Do you think she would buy it?


No comments: